A day without doing some sort of exercise is not a day complete for me. I love that Dubai has so many activities for a healthy lifestyle, satisfying my needs and desire to be fit. Here is a list of my favorites, from the most expensive to free options, killing all my excuses to get out of the house and be active!
8. FitRepublik – The ultimate gym in Sports City with state of the art facilities and equipments. Constantly taking feedbacks from their customers to make it an even better gym, adding more classes or/and equipments and service is top-notch too. I am hooked on RPM and Circuit, making it my morning choice.
In addition to the best gym in town, a massive gymnastics arena, mixed martial arts, crossfit, an olympic-sized swimming pool, yoga and pilates studios are all in a 9,000sqm facility making it a one stop place. Expect all their trainers to be the best in the business. After breaking a sweat head to Natalie’s right next door for a healthy meal!
7. Urban Yoga – The best Yoga studio in Dubai, hands down! This place is an oasis for Yogis. A beautiful studio located in Business Bay, with a New York inspired loft space. Huge windows with views over Downtown and plenty of natural lighting. The instructors here are fantastic and passionate about the way of Yoga.
Oh, yoga! You are so lovely in the morning! 😍 *** www.urbanyoga.ae #healthybodyhealthymind #letgo #urbanyogadubai #urbanyoga #obsessedwithlearning #yogaindubai #yogadubai #dubaiyoga #mydubai #dxb #healthydubai #uaehealthmovement #fitnessdubai #uaefitnessmovement #fitspiration #uae #iloveyoga #instayoga
6. The Hundred Wellness – An intimate center in Jumeirah with studios for pilates. Offering beginner, intermediate and advanced mat classes, as well as equipment based reformer, cadillac, chair and pole classes. Group classes have a maximum of six people for a personalised and attentive session, privates classes are also available. Everything here has been meticulously thought out and perfection is what they thrive for. Finish the experience having the best coffee in town at The Espresso Lab in house.
5. SUP – A fun way to be active at the beach while getting a tan! Kite beach offers board rentals right on the beach for AED 50 an hour, making it a super easy experience. Sunset beach is another great option to paddle right next to Burj Al Arab, board rentals are available at The Surf House for AED 75 an hour.
4. Classport – A great way to discover all the studios in Dubai! How it works is you pay a flat fee of AED 399 per month, and you can enjoy unlimited classes! Often, free classes are available, so just downloading the app and signing up is enough to enjoy those.
3. LuluLemon – Stores through out the UAE and worldwide offers free Yoga classes on a weekly basis, check out their website to view the calendar of events. Amazing sessions with great trainers and a good excuse to see whats new in store!
"Happiness arises from awakening and witnessing the daily miracles in one's life. Within the miracle of life, within the miracle of now, we can choose to be happy."—@melissaghattasyoga Sun.Sand.Savasana. Over 700 yogis came out on Kite Beach this morning to practice with ambassadors @melissaghattasyoga and @omieslice. Following yoga the community explored and learned simple daily happiness practices. #fuelhappiness (check it out live on Snapchat)
2. Cycling in Al Qudra – This fabulous cycle course consists of a 49km loop with a 20km and 30km extension as well as a 16km straight back along the Al Qudra Rd. Bicycle rentals are available from Trek Bikes for as little as AED 50 per hour, but personally I would pay a bit more for a carbon bicycle.
1. Roller Blading – I love rollerblading in Dubai, and the best locations in my opinion for a relaxing and stress free ride is at Nad Al Shiba Cycle Path, Al Qudra Cycle Path and Mushrif Park.
How do you stay active in Dubai?! Please share below.