Dealing with CoronaVirus – How I am keeping busy at home

How I am dealing with Coronavirus? Something I did not think I would be writing about, but I wanted to share with you how I am keeping myself busy at home. I am not saying that the following is what you should do by any means, it is just in hopes that more people will decide to stay at home instead of being outside.

As some of you know, we were recently on a trip in Norway. The last couple of days were weird, seeing all the changes in Oslo due to Coronavirus. Restaurants closing, people staying indoors. Then we came to a packed airport in DXB with tourists coming from all over the world.

I am not going into details about the Coronavirus from a medical aspect, here is the website for WHO for further information about it. I will just say that yes, 80% of the population will have very mild symptoms, but why contribute to the spread and perhaps you will infect the other 20% that might have some serious symptoms.

Here is what I am currently/plan on doing at home, besides spending much time cuddling my adorable cat!!

  1. Relaxing! Honestly this is something I don’t do enough, and now I plan on taking full advantage of these days at home to just sleep and much as I want and simply “be.”
  2. Practicing my Spanish. I am watching a Spanish series on Netflix called Toy Boy in order to do so.
  3. Reading books. I have recently received a copy of the Dame Traveler book by Nastasia Yakoub (which I am so proud to featured in.) This book came at the perfect time to be honest, I love going through all the beautiful images and reading the inspiring travel stories of amazing women from all over the world. I also plan on finally finishing the Forty Rules of Love by Elif Shafak.
  4. Reorganizing my closet. I love going through my clothes and removing things I don’t wear and also make it all nice and tidy.
  5. Cooking! Ogi and I never have much time to cook as our schedules are always so busy. Well this is the perfect time to make elaborate dishes and enjoy the process of cooking too.
  6. Deep clean the house and catch up on all the laundry.
  7. Practice some yoga movements and simple at home exercises.
  8. Catch up on my favorite old movies like Seven and maybe all the 007s. I love movie nights and I am actually excited to make an entire day for it. I would love to watch A Quiet Place. It seems to be super interesting and I love the fact that Emily Blunt and John Krasinski stars in it together.
  9. Ogi and I have so many ideas for videos and new content, so I believe this is the perfect opportunity for us to talk and organize our ideas.
  10. Giving myself a spa day at home! Using some face masks, doing my manicure and pedicure.
  11. Pinning on Pinterest. I currently have my mind set on reupholstering our sofa, so I am constantly searching for ideas there.
  12. Listening to music.

I would love to know how you are spending your days at home. Please share them with me in the comments below. I wish you all to be safe during this difficult time due to the Coronavirus and sending much love your way.

Leaving you a list of my favorite documentaries, series and movies that are sure to inspire you!

Share:

Leave a Reply