1 c raw cashew nuts
3/4 c almond meal
1/2 c unsweetened shredded coconut
2 1/2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
6 medjool dates, pitted and chopped roughly
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 c raw cashew nuts, soaked overnight (as below)
1/2 c full fat coconut milk
1/2 c cacao or cocoa powder*
1/4 c rice malt syrup or maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
- Add the raw cashews nuts for the filling into a medium sized bowl. Fill with water, cover and soak overnight. In the morning, drain, rinse and set aside.
- Add the raw cashew nuts for the crust into a food processor or high-speed blender, and pulse until a coarse crumb is formed.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the crust, and continue to pulse until the mixture is combined, scraping down the sides when needed.
- Press mixture evenly into your tart shells.
- Add the soaked raw cashew nuts along with all the other ingredients for your filling into a food processor or high-speed blender and mix until smooth, again scraping down the sides when needed.
- Fill your tart shells with your chocolate filling and refrigerate for an hour or freeze for 30 minutes or until set.